Wednesday, January 03, 2007

SANDAKAN

Before returning to KL, we spent 2 nights in Sandakan, in our old place, in Tshun Ngen. Dad’s friend currently occupying it was nice to let us crash in – so much for a tenant and landlord relationship!

It was nostalgic being back, especially being in my old room. A weird sense of familiarity – a mixture of “who would’ve imagined..” and “I knew I’d be back again..” kinda feeling. I know I don’t make sense.. it’s hard to explain.
I looked around every corner of its walls – and yes, there it was : my handwriting, in a tiny scrawl. Bad habits die hard...




There were so many people to meet and catch up with. One whole day clearly wasn’t enough! It was mostly mum and dad's call this time. "this time"... cos there's always next year!
New year's eve was extra memorable. Counting down with family and old friends. What better way to end 2006 - a trip back to Sabah, a trip back home.




No comments: