Thursday, August 11, 2005

Lam Wai Tze & Co.

Advocates & Solicitors

_______________________________________________________________

Dear Bloggers,


it's the 10th..i'm writing this into a disket in the office.. (wat to do.. no internet connection).. anyways, its 3 days before I end my job as a 2 months attachment student in Lam Wai Tze & Co. My table’s piled up with files to amend and follow up. New files (I’m happy... new case!)

Miss Lam’s been giving me a lot of new stuff to learn these past 2 weeks. Maybe intentionally, maybe just my luck. Who knows how that crafty mind of hers works? No matter what, I thank her. I find joy in learning something new at work. It’s like opening a new door to a world of fun adventure... ok, not really that exciting.. just that doing something new makes my day more pleasurable.

Today I had to handle yet another frustrated client and found out that there’s a Tribunal for consumers to claim compensation for any unsatisfactory services. A previous client managed to claim RM2,000.00 in a very short period of time, for a domestic trip that did not go accordingly as planned. RM2000.00! wow.. Consumer IS sovereign.. and yesterday, miss lam tested my patience and grilled my brain up by making me draft out facts of a 1 year old case for the Court. It sure did work my brain up well.. Ended up with a massive headache at the end of the day.

Speaking of headaches, Miss Lam’s back from court. Got to go!

I’m back..

Looking back, these 8 weeks in a law firm has been an awesome experience, especially here- Lam Wai Tze & Co... Being a small firm and the fact that Miss Lam concentrates more on General Litigation issues and a lil bit of Conveyancing under Kak Niza’s guidance, I got the opportunity to put my finger in every sort of pie- I managed to get exposed to many different types of cases ranging from Divorce issues to the minor Property transfers. Frustrations do occur on certain days, no doubt. At times I’d quietly complain on the silliest stuff I had to do-filling up pages and pages of simple banking forms. Clients can be so pampered. Why don’t they just save money by filling them up themselves??

So, will I be doing this again next hols? I don’t think so... Maybe something more challenging – Press department! That would definitely be another interesting experience.

Till here for now. Back to work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This lady here is one hell of a dedicated work. Worked her butt off at the law firm eventhough most ppl at her age would take life easily. nice blog. hugs

*sho* said...

thnx, vek.. but i'm not as much of a HardWorker as u lar.. thnx, anyway!