Friday, December 07, 2007

being under my tortoise shell

i'm hidden. covered. but strangely not protected.
oblivious with my surroundings. so narrow in perspective.
constantly in my own world. as if in a coccoon.

i'm a tortoise under a really big shell.

i shamelessly have to admit i missed out on alot of birthdays this year.. dave, if your reading this, this is a public apology. i missed urs too, rai. and *shame*shame* i forgot LingLing's, my cousin's. and so did aunty sylvia's. mum and dad's anniversary slipped off my mind. not untill i called her 2 days ago. so basically, i lost touch with the outside world for the whole of november.. *bow head with shame*.

with that said, i really dont know what's going on backhome as well. Deeps just got home. and the updates i got.. gosh.. i didn't know about this and that.. and i didn't know Uncle Lim died. all the jokes we made on our way up genting. bout uncle Lim paying for our school fee.. (yea.. we made lame jokes..).. and i found out he passed away 2 months ago only recently.

this shell is killing me - even as i walk daily my view is obstructed by the hood. i hate wearing the hood.

anyways.

back to me metamorphing into a tortoise.

i peeked outside my shell today. and the light was at first quite blinding. but the warmth so welcoming.. it suddenly hit me - such simplicity.. why didn't i think of this sooner??

i should get out of my shell more often.

facebook's birthday reminder! thanks prom.. how'd you guess i needed it :P
then there's thestar.com!

i found out Kluang's flooded again. and i remembered mum mentioning how the pots in the garden got overturned from the strong gales of wind 2 days ago. i should call her tomorrow.
then there's the mother of all news - HINDRAF.. sigh...
but most interestingly -
i learnt Jien's married. my celebrity crush from astro's disney channel. (i was really young). with sarah tan... wow.

one hour of e-news reading. the best hour for the week, truly.

it's difficult when u dont have the internet at home. it's really mahfan to have to go to the library and get misunderstood as being a nerd, when in truth, it's for the sole purpose of going online to say hello to the world. gosh, i'm such a drama queen. i'm not being misunderstood. i just think i am.

plus, no excuse for forgeting your friend's/relatives' birthdays!

i'm a tortoise trying to get out of her shell.. bear with me

ps: ever since the first frost - there hasn't been any frost at all. starting to doubt that it'll ever snow in london. with that thot, vickie - i'm looking fwd for more snow pix!

2 comments: