Friday, October 12, 2007

lunch and dinner


EAT is good. (And so is my English)

EAT’s a little take away shop along High Holborn (branches everywhere to be honest. You’ll spot another “EAT” sign 10 meters ahead). It’s ideal for grabbing a quick bite – hot or cold. Yesterday, I decided to check it out for the second time since getting here.

The first time was bout a month ago, when we just started uni – gosh, has it been tht long? – anyways, I went to just get a bottle of mineral water. A quick dash in, paid and then sped out, that time. Didn’t really scan thru to see what it had to offer. ‘cos I thought the fact that I had to pay ₤1 for the bottle made me “X” out the place immediately. Little did I know, almost ALL mineral water in London is around ₤1. so, oh well.. (tap water anyone?)

I needed something for lunch, something fast. And thought I should try out somewhere new. So into EAT I went.

They had the usual sandwiches and wrap-o’s. but u won’t help noticing that everything looks so healthy! Salads, yogurt.. yum… is that carrot cake I see? (Prom, you’ll love this place.)

Then I spotted them – muesli in a tub. There were quite a few I could chose from.. different names, flavours, different colors. but muesli for lunch?? Er…

I bought it.. mahal sikit la.. but itu kalau convert la. I stopped converting a long time ago, BTW. Have to la.. I’m sorry. Have to…

Back to my muesli -


Oh, it was good!

That was lunch.

After class that night, tagged along with Deepak and Deepa’s classmates for dinner.. And we decided to have good ol’ Italian Pizza in this nice restaurant, also near uni at High Holborn.


I had Fiorentina... Egg on a pizza? Tht’s another first. It was surprisingly good.

Meher, Maham, me and Deeps..

Cara and her ways with Deepak

tonight? Ib mubarak!


Aidilfitri's today here.. but it's tmrw back home. i'm slightly confused now.


i know what i'm missing out this time of the yr.. Uncle Raja's open house, with the usual ayam rendang, pulut, ketupat.. yum...


might check out Malaysian Hall tmrw, and i'll tell you guys all about it.

ta!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

is that really deepak??? u sure ah???doesnt looklike him at all...muesli in a tub does sound interesting....how convinient not havin to carry those around...and one more thing woman...dont la dont even think about converting the money anymore...life will then just be miserable...haha...explore more eaterries and tell me wht the 'brit-ish rendang'taste like?? haha...oh yea..HAPPY HARI RAYA...to solve ure confusion, eid was here today coz the Malaysian Govt didnt wanna change the public hollidays tht is all...they apparently saw a different moon from the rest of the world...biasala...MALAYSIA BOLEH!

Anonymous said...

ooo,i love muesli in a tub and I'm sure the yogurt there is absolutely lovely.there's this thing called the Greek yogurt here and there's no way you can walk past it without getting a tub.Say hi to the double D's(oops,that's didn't sound right!
:-) )Deepak seems to be having the time of his life!i put up a couple of photos on facebook so go and check it out.Hopefully,my 7 kg weight gain doesn't look too obvious.I'll put up more photos, soon.A bit lazy la!

Anonymous said...

btw,when is raya la??

*sho* said...

kams - lol... a few malaysians here didn't quite get it. but it all makes sense now. malaysia memang boleh la.. didn't know we were THAT flexible!
prom - there's greek yogurt here too.. but haven't had any yet.. soon! :P weren't you reading, hun.. raya was when i wrote the blog! lol!! what's happening to you la.. :P rai sounds like she's having lots of fun.. got her sms, im sure ;) ta!

Raina said...

lol... u girls, come to geneva la!!!!
life is fun here.. miss u guys also.. anyway, looks like u, deepa and deepaks are enjoying urselves.. i have decided to do LLM next jan, where, im not sure yet.. im going to turkey in nov, to participate in a discussion on human rights, and then might go to bangkok next year.. see how see how.. btw, how's our grundnorm?

*sho* said...

grundnorm is just the way it is.. lol! untouchable :P where do u plan to do u're llm, rai? wanna do it here in london?? :P ICSL, maybe? turkey.. bangkok.. wow! i wanna be in ur shoes! but then again, i proly won't survive a day in it ;0) miss ya!