Sunday, May 14, 2006

a bevy of mummies ~my mum, with her mum and her 4 sisters

Today’s the day when we celebrate our mum – that super woman in the family - or in my family, that mega woman :)

I don’t mean to brag, but my mum is the epitome of all multi-taskers. It could be due to the reason that her astrological sign’s Leo and an Ox according to the Lunar Calender. A mixture of these both might be the reason that she’s just good in whatever she does. (possible) But I think it’s simply the “motherly adrenaline” that pumps into her veins the moment she wakes up every single day.


My mum’s a superb housekeeper. Thanks to her, our home looks pretty enough for an interior design mag. She’s a fantastic cook- cuisines, deserts, cakes and cookies, u name it. Amidst all the back bracking housework she does at home, mum has always made sure she’ll drive us to wherever we were to go – tuition, parties, lessons- ever since I was 7, and she’s still doing it (thanks to the 2 little rascals at home). Free time? She’ll rather go for a jog. How do you think she maintains that great figure?

My fashion guru, my feng shui master, my number one fan (I play the piano – motivated by her, of course), my childhood tuition teacher .. She still teaches, by the way, in the comfort of our home. Her one and only student calls her mummy. She’s my brother’s source of Bee Gee’s and Abba collection. She’s our inspiration to appreciate literature. She’s our Scrabble defending champion and even our art teacher – she’ll help us out with our school art work, much to her enjoyment, (and much to our convenience)!

This list just goes on.

It’s no wonder that we need a special day to remind mum how much we love her, to pamper her and to shower her with all our love as she has done for us every single moment of our days. I’m tempted to say “everyday should be Mother’s day” but then, if it was, the world would stop spinning wouldn’t it... :P

Mummy, i love you – put aside that apron, and don’t touch that spatula. Better yet, don’t get into the kitchen. Just sit back and relax, ‘cos today’s your day!

Happy Mother's Day, ma..

No comments: